Friday, October 21, 2005

A Brick


A brick moved into my apartment last week.

The doorbell rang and when I answered it there it was. It got inside before I could close the door.

It sat with me while I watched "Jerry Springer" and shouted insults at the screen.
"Can you believe those white trash bitches?", it asked with a smirk.

I got up and got it a drink. It sat on my lap, cold and heavy.

That night in bed it lay on the pillow beside me and gashed open my head at 3am when I rolled over. Still, I embraced it, like a proverbial lover. It lay beside me, cold and heavy.

When I woke up in the morning it was hungry. I made bacon and eggs and it vomited the food onto the floor.

"You can't come with me today", I said, "I have plans."

It jumped in my bag, cold and heavy and rattled around with my keys.

I threatened to smash it to pieces with my 6 inch platforms. It only laughed.

I was too tired....so cold and so heavy.....so I let it sign a lease.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home