Monday, May 22, 2006

Tell Me

Tell me I'm a flower.

That I'm still a seed not yet finished growing
destined someday soon to blossom into shades
of purple and blue.

Tell me I'm a bird.

And though I spin in circles fluttering my wings
at any minute I shall take flight and fly above the clouds
diving up and around.

Tell me I'm a raindrop.

Filled to the brim drenched with goodness and compassion
and in just a moment I will come pouring down to the earth
washing everything away.

And tell me that I'm good.

Even when I'm weak and I'm mean and I'm angry
that one day soon all of this will pass and I'll finally be a girl
worthy of your love.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're beautiful

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it.
Your writting has developed significantly Linzie... it's no longer just colourful and passionate. It's got elegance and maturity. Definitely some of your best work...

Sincerely,
Ash

6:22 PM  
Blogger Portable Soap Box Girl said...

You're worthy

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home