Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Soldier

It breaks my heart - the way they talk about you
as if you are nothing more than a failure or
a disappointment or
an addict.

Turning a blind eye to your pain, never considering how
difficult it must have been failing to meet expectations
while everyone around you was
exceeding them.

Seeing only the mistakes and the blunders and
all of the cuts and the bruises that your
transgressions have left on them and
ignoring your own.

But I see you - a person (in pain) who stumbles and falls
but still rises each morning as a man, as a father
a soldier.

1 Comments:

Blogger blah blah said...

Hi Vanity, I just want to say that you are a brilliant poet. I can relate to alot of the themes that you wrote about. You've touched my heart and soul with your poems. You are a stranger to me yet i feel very close to you. It's like I know you, feel you, as if I'm there sharing your pain and passion. Anyhow, I hope you don't mind I've used three of your poems on my blog. The three poems are Warned, You Don't Know Me and I Cried. I've credited to you and if you would like to see it here is my link http://shabroni.blogspot.com/2007/11/seducing-words.html

Keep writing and take care.

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home