Monday, November 12, 2007

Still

I often suspect that you're still out there, still living,
still breathing while being the person you portray
and so desperately struggle to be.

And I see you still...

wandering forth and stumbling back
with a torn and tattered map, a watch that
can't tell time and a broken compass.

Still ravenously devouring misplaced souls
and documenting them with beautifully
written black and white rhetoric.

Still watching yourself with callow eyes as
the world unfolds and folds again around you...

still living the lie you've disguised as the dream.

1 Comments:

Blogger blah blah said...

Hi Vanity,

I relate so much to your poems that it breaks my heart reading them. I've also lost something special in my life and in turn i've lost my spark. Do you believe in soulmates? I once did but i'm not so sure anymore. Anyhow, I just want to hear your thoughts on this. Also, If you would permit me, I would like us to be friends. Here is my email addy remykheng@gmail.com I hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,

Andy

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home