Monday, February 20, 2006

Comfort

I went to her that night.

Just as I always did on nights when I was feeling lonely...
went to her and took comfort in her arms.

I lay on her cool lavender scented sheets
and she caressed my bare back with her long graceful fingers.

She knew why I was there.
She never questioned me.
Just accepted me into her bed with open arms.

I told her my heart ache as I sulked into her pillow and
she wondered aloud how I thought someone like him....who could be so ugly
deserved to be with me... someone so beautiful.

She kissed my bare shoulder
her mouth savouring the taste of my skin...of the moment
knowing I would be gone when the sun started to rise.

Knowing I would return to her again...
return to her bed...
when once again I longed for comfort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home