Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A Drop of Devotion

Some nights when I'm tidying my desk and
going through old papers
I read the letters you wrote to me over and
over again.

I re-live "the most amazing kiss"
and blush at all the right places.

You write that I'm so amazing
I've inspired poetry in a man that has
never been a poet.

I can't help but ask the pages in my hands
what it was that kept us apart.

I tasted your desire and your passion
but did not get a chance to fully enjoy you.

And now, after all of these years I find
that a piece of myself still belongs to you
and the reason we cannot face each other anymore
is because we both know what we walked away from.

What I walked away from.

Forgive me love...for offering you a drop of devotion
and then pouring the rest down the drain.

You deserved so much better than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home