Saturday, December 15, 2007

I'm Not Going To Write Anymore

I decided last tuesday while I was
brushing my teeth and plucking
stray hairs from my face

I'm not going to write anymore.

For no particular reason except
that I felt the need to decide to
decide something.

...

But by thursday my head was filled
to the brim with words that needed
to be put on paper.

I'm not going to write anymore.

I thought maybe speaking aloud
would stop the madness that was
taking over my brain.

"a flower"

"blood"

"red on white"

" a bird"

But soon I realized that I could no sooner
will my heart to stop beating than
stop the poetry that flows in my veins

and so I

retrieved my pen from a drawer and
carefully placing it on a white sheet
I wrote in long swooping sweeps:

I'm not going to write anymore.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this one
PSBG

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home